Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RIP "Head"











I visited this shrine to "Head" in the 3000 block of 30th St SE, Washington DC

The only name I have so far, is on the shrine as "Head." I found no name in police or news reports.

I found four "blunts"- mixtures of small cigars mixed with marijuana, on the shrine (a first in my experience). Several folks asked me what I was doing there - the neighborhood was unusually tense and defensive, and I have been in scores of similar situations. I only got that "Head" was young.

According to DC police, at approximately 9:14 pm, on Thursday April 9, 2009, members of the Department’s 7th District responded to a report of a shooting. Upon arrival on the scene, officers located an unidentified adult male suffering from apparent multiple gunshot wounds. Emergency personnel responded to the scene to initiate life saving measures, but found no signs consistent with life. The victim was pronounced dead on the scene & transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the District of Columbia.

Mystery, fear, and heartache.

No comments: