Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Memorial to Anh-Dao Xuan Hyunh







This shrine to Anh-dao Xuan Huynh is on Washington Circle NW, Washington DC.
Adapted from the GW Hatchet
Family members say Anh-Dao Xuan Hyunh,25, died April 6, 2010 after being struck by a large SUV on Washington Circle.
They believe she was walking to the Foggy Bottom Metro station when the vehicle struck her. Huynh died at 2:13 pm after she stopped breathing. She was hit by the vehicle between 11 am and noon, according to eyewitnesses.
Family members gathered at the site that evening to honor Huynh with candles, balloons and prayer, remembering the young woman who brought “joy, love and happiness” into their hearts.
“I can’t live anymore, I’ve lost my soul,” the deceased’s youngest sister Trinh Huynh said. “She wasn’t only my sister, she was my best friend. She understood me better than anyone else in the world.”
Huynh’s brother-in-law, Keith Graham, added Huynh was a “sweet spirit” who touched all who knew her.

Peace to all.

No comments: