Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shanika Nicole & Jay Shaun Howard Shrine






Shrine in the 800 block of Southern Ave SE, Washington DC, on the Prince Georges County MD border
DC Police report:
"On Sat., Jan.28, 2006, at 7:45 pm, two pedestrians were struck by a motor vehicle in the 800 block of Southern Ave SE. The pedestrians were transported by a DC Fire and EMS to a local hospital. One of them, 25-year-old Shanika Nicole Howard, of no fixed address, was critically injured. Her son, 7-year-old Jay Shawn Howard, was pronounced dead." Shanika Howard died on 1/31/06.

The shrine displays a very poignant tribute to this young mother, written in magic marker on white fabric.
"I WILL ALWAYS MISS U
ALWAYS U WAS MY
BEST FRIEND
&
SISTER &
MY WIFE &
LOVER"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time I saw Shanika was in late 2005. I am so saddened to read of her passing...so painful especially since I am finding out nearly 4years after the fact. RIP Shanika!

Unknown said...

This is Shanika's mother and Jayshaun's grandmother. This is the 1st time seeing this site and I was not knowledgeable about a shrine. I saw someone say that Shanika was their wife and someone said she was their sister. She was never married and I know all of her siblings. We were not even born or raised in this area; so I don't know who wrote that or where it came from. Her father just died and the siblings on that side were there. They are not from this area either

Anonymous said...

Wow, yes I am Shanika’s sister and was also not aware of this shrine 🤦🏾‍♀️ But always SIP Nika and Jayshaun🥰😘😘😘