Friday, February 24, 2012

Lewis Rashad Dixon | yellow tape on Saratoga Avenue NE




From a DC Police report: On Wednesday, February 15, 2012, at approximately 5:00 pm, units from the Fifth District responded to the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue NE, Washington DC, for the report of a shooting. Upon their arrival, they located the victim, identified as Lewis Rashad Dixon, 21, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. DC Fire and EMS transported the victim to an area hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.

It was a beautiful winter afternoon, but I often find these remnants from the police investigations at homicide sites to be quietly mournful, sobering, and poignant.

More information at HomicideWatch.

2 comments:

Temika Dixon said...

I just wanted to thank you. Even though this made me cry, it helped me realize that I was not the only person that cared.

Unknown said...

No My Dear you were not the only one who cared, Your Mother Loves him and you very much! he will be missed dearly, My heart has never ached this much in my life, I know that they cant hurt him anymore, nor can they be like him, he was one of a kind a true king!!
Momma loves you for ever and ever!

Debra D. Dixon